Sarah Blake LaRose (3kitties) wrote,
Sarah Blake LaRose
3kitties

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Hebrew, day 5


Class is becoming less eventful. Today we finished the introductory material, which was the goal for the week. I discovered yet more differences between the Lambdin transcription, the JBI Hebrew Bible, and refreshable Hebrew braille. I discovered that for some reason JAWS will not display Hebrew in tables in Word. I have no idea why or what to do about it. I have been converting the Word files with tables to HTML, and that seems to solve the problem.



The one significant thing that I learned today was how to modify the braille translation table in JAWS so that the Hebrew symbols match my hard copy symbols as closely as possible. This will be a somewhat tedious process and may require Melanie's help at some points; but it will get done in time. I think that over the next handful of weeks I may really begin to take off with this! I've been taking some time to set up my desktop computer for Hebrew reading and writing (install cardo and SBL Hebrew fonts, install Hebrew language and Logos biblical Hebrew keyboard, etc.) I'm going to try doing some exercises this weekend and see how things go. I'll work slowly on modifying the US-Unicode translation table and then transfer the new file to my laptop. It might be easier if I just located the file in Duxbury and ported it; but I haven't installed Duxbury on this computer yet. Playing with the Juliet is another potential project for the weekend.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment