I asked a question a few weeks ago that got a lot of replies, and I promised to answer it. So here is my answer to the question, "What is the weirdest thing your dog has ever eaten?"
Dori was a chocolate and starch lover. I could write a book about all of her food exploits. They were often embarrassing because dog guides are supposed to leave table food alone and Dori most certainly did not. When we went to the Cracker Barrel for my sister's birthday one year, I thought wwe had finally conquered the food battle. She lay so nicely under the table! But as I got up to leave, she jumped up and snagged a bite of my left-over mashed potatoes. My sister could be rather emotionally volatile at that time in our lives, and I braced myself for the impending tirade. My sister started to laugh uproariously, and the tirade never came.
A few months ago, Mom called me and said, "I don't want to clean up what Meg just did. It looks like crayons." After we commiserated about the unpleasantness of cleaning up dog vomit, I asked whether Mom had crayons in the house that my sister's kids had used.
"I don't think so," she said.
I encouraged her to look around. Sure enough. It didn't take long to find a box of 64 crayons--with about 2/3 missing. Fortunately, there was a "non-toxic" label on them, and Meg was no worse for the experience, though she sure was a sick girl!